Friday 20 March 2015

Friday 20th March

First call on my time today was Fastlane Displays as I went over to the Yorkshire Events Centre in Harrogate to help set up for Springtime Live which is taking place this Sunday. It will be a big event, with lots to see and do.

I used the opportunity to call in at County Mowers in Wetherby on the way home to talk to them about replacing our Highway 213 triple mower. County Mowers are keen to sell us a used Toro 31100.

I know that this will give an excellent cut but to do so you need to travel at a low speed. I think that we must go for a fairway mower that will go faster and give an adequate cut.







With the weather being good this afternoon I had a couple of hours scarify the square with our ALKO scarifier, which is now starting properly after Kevin sorted it out on Wednesday. 



It is amazing how much thatch you can take out. All of this came from going over the square twice.



The grass has started growing so the next thing is to give the square its first cut. Just one small problem to overcome: the mower is not back from its service yet at Kevin is finding it difficult to get the parts. It is a Ransome Marquis which we have had since I have been at the club. It is the only machine that I have ever used that starts first pull every time - a Honda engine. We need to buy another mower once I can find a suitable replacement. If the Club treasurer is reading this I am coming your way; please have your cheque book to hand!