Friday 13 March 2015

Friday 13th March

Iron sulfate works quickly!



The lads from Acaster Forge worked hard yesterday getting the posts up. They will be back next week to put the netting up. 




The overnight rain means that it is too wet to do any work today so my attention has turned to the pegs that I use to mark the width of each pitch.

For a number of years I have used the red plastic tent pegs shown in the picture below, but no matter how hard I try to keep them visible they always seem to get lost as the top is not very big and I have to spend too much time looking for them, trying to measure out 10 feet with my feet and then probing the turf with a screwdriver!

So this year I have gone for something bigger and more obvious. Hopefully these white discs will be more obvious and with the pegs to hold them in place they will work better. They are just some white plastic discs cut from a sheet of 'foamex' screwed to the top of plastic tent pegs from Halfords.